Friday 30 May 2008

Getting the Shot - Scottish Weather

Glasgow Wedding PhotgraphyThis is one of my favourite shots of 2007. It was taken on what turned out to be the wettest day of the summer with torrential rain from morning to night.

This is probably a photographer’s worst nightmare. I imagine I pulled off so many great shots from this wedding as I had established a great relationship with the couple and understood exactly what they wanted from their photos. Otherwise, persuading a bride in all her finery to have a saunter in the park would have been a big no-no!


I wanted to capture the stream of heavy raindrops so this was done on a tripod using a long lens and a slow shutter speed. I think it shows that no matter the weather, if you approach it the right way you can use it to your advantage.

No comments: